Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 9 of 2010 National Bargaining

Brothers and Sisters,

May 6, 2010

Today we met with all of management. I was expecting a long drawn-out battle, compromises, suggestions of takeaways, and disappointment.

When the spokesperson for management calmly got up in front of our bargaining team and stated that management accepted our recommendations, you could hear a pin drop in the room. I thought that there had to be a catch. I couldn't be hearing it correctly.

I was speechless.

For those of you who know me, I am not speechless on many occasions.

So I can now say with confidence that the long description of what we bargained on below has been accepted and agreed to by Kaiser.

The actual contract language that will go into the National Agreement will be worked on over the next two weeks. When we come back together again on May 25-27 for our last session of bargaining on wages and benefits, we will review this language, revise as necessary, and decide by consensus if it is acceptable.

In Unity,

Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment