Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 12 of 2010 National Bargaining

National Bargaining update

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Brothers and Sisters,

I am totally exhausted and exhilarated at the same time. Today was incredible.

I lost track of how many times we met with management, had our UHW labor caucuses, and attended our labor Coalition caucuses.

I have never in my life had to think so hard, for so long about such important issues.

Nor have I had to sound calm and articulate, over a lengthy period of time while being basically brain-dead.

Thank goodness for my Sisters, Yolanda, Jenna and Alexandra I., who are all here as members of our local bargaining team/observers of the National Bargaining team, representing our Chapter. I am grateful for their support, wisdom and encouragement.

It makes a huge difference to have a group of Medical Social Workers present.

There isn't much I can report on today because we are still waiting for management to make up their minds about all we have presented them with. We still believe that we are headed in the right direction, or we wouldn't still be here.

I am just hoping that we get the good news sooner, rather than latter. It is already 11:35 PM and we are waiting to go back in to meet with management. I am told they can call us back to reconvene at any time during the night.

I will keep you posted.

In Unity, Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment